The Innsbruck 2012 Mascot
Hi, I'm Yoggl, your mascot! I’m a chamois and I live in the Karwendel mountains of Innsbruck and Seefeld, though my family and I also enjoy spending a lot of time in the steep and rocky mountains around Kühtai.
My name, Yoggl (pronounced like 'YOG'), is based on the typical Tyrolean name ‘Joggl’, which is a short form for Jakob, a very common name in Tyrol. Yoggl is the compound of this nickname and the acronym of the Youth Olympic Games, YOG.
The beautiful mountains and valleys of the Tyrolean Alps are my home, so that’s why sustainability and respect towards nature are very important for me. I hope I can count on your help and support in promoting this cause.
Become my friend on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Yoggl
- Athlete Role Models
- USA's twin Curlers aim to bag gold for Dad
- Austrian Curler Schnabel proves her passion for home nation's cause
- Switzerland curling team take mother-son relationship in its stride
- Youth Olympic Games Mixed Team Curling: Day 4 Midday Update
- Youth Olympic Games Mixed Team Curling: Day 3 Midday Update
- USA curlers living in the youth olympic village on low energy